Fortress of culture Šibenik is constantly working on designing, applying and implementing of heritage projects. Through realization of projects financed by European funds, the institution develops multilateral partnerships with related institutions and organizations at European level with the aim of exchanging knowledge and best practices in revitalization, preservation and sustainable management of cultural heritage.
Project title / acronym: Historical Fortresses Intensifying cross-border Tourism Development / FORTITUDE HR-BA-ME355
Programme: Interreg IPA Cross border cooperation HR-BA-ME 2014-2020 (2nd Call for Proposals)
Priority Axis: Priority Axis 3 – Contributing to the development of tourism and preserving cultural and natural heritage
Lead partner: Public Institution Fortress of Culture Šibenik
Partners: City of Banja Luka (BIH), Municipality of Herceg Novi (MNE), City of Karlovac (HRV), Municipality of Bar (MNE)
Project start and end date: March 1st 2020 - June 30th 2022
Project duration: 24 months
Project worth: 1.618.438,72 EUR
EU co-financing: 1.375.672, 89 EUR (85%)
Lead partner budget: 547.865,42 EUR
AIM OF THE PROJECT:
Development of tourism offer and improvement of attraction of fortified sites in the programme area by creating and promoting new tourism offer and products through:
- organization of 1 joint event (The Night of Fortresses) which will be held annually on all partner locations
- design of visitor centers
- development of tourist routs that promote cultural heritage
- organization of workshops that pass on the knowledge and experience in cultural management and discuss best practices in the programme area
- education for visitor centers workers (foreign language courses, tourist guide courses)
ROLES OF PARTNERS IN THE PROJECT
The Lead partner, Public Cultural Institution Fortress of Culture Šibenik (HR), is responsible for organising capacity building – cultural tourism and heritage management training workshops for partners and stakeholders from the Programme area working in this field. The partner is also in charge of coordinating partners and ensuring effective implementation of activities.
Project partner 4, Municipality of Herceg Novi (ME) is responsible for the coordination of all project communications especially communication regarding Night of Fortresses event through the newly developed website.
Project partner 5, City of Karlovac (HR) is in charge of developing a joint cultural heritage application as a new tourism product which will be used and implemented by all five partners at digital kiosks on their sites.
The project is co-financed by ERDF and IPA II funds of the European Union.
This publication has been produced with the assistance of the European Union. The contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of PCI Fortress of Culture Šibenik and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union.
Project title: EMOUNDERGROUNDS - EMOtional technologies for the cultural heritage valorization within cross border UNDERGROUNDS
Programme: Interreg V-B Adriatic - lonian ADRION Programme 2014 – 2020
Lead partner: Municipalty of Nardo (ITA)
Partners: Municipalty of Carpi (ITA), Municipalty of Andravida–Kyllini (GRC), Rijeka Tourist Board (HRV), Public Institution in Culture Fortress of Culture Šibenik (HRV), The Regional Development Centre Koper (SVN), Municipalty of Ivančna Gorica, Slovenija (SVN), Municipalty of Kukes (ALB), Tourism Organization Municipalty of Bar (MNE), Trebinje Development Agency (BIH)
Project start and end date: January 1st 2020 - December 31st 2022
Project duration: 36 months
Project worth: 2.599.994,86 EUR (ERDF & IPA II contribution 2.209.995,59 EUR)
PI Fortress of Culture budget: 264.387,78 EUR (own funds: 39.658,17 EUR)
AIM OF THE PROJECT:
Increasement of attractiveness and competitivness of the programme area with a goal to strenghten socio-economic sustainable growth of the macro Adriatic region by promoting new integrated cultural tourism product based on advanced emotional technologies and innovative marketing tools through:
- development of action plan of smart management of chosen tourist destination in the region with list of neccessary activities for enhancing the tourist experience
- purchase of technologically advanced equipment for virtual reality (headphones and Wireless Monitoring system)
- scientific research and analysis of identified cultural heritage and their interiors
- production of digital and virtual contents - storytelling in VR technology
- cultural - literary live stream festival
Project title: CONNECTING CINEMAS IN RURAL AREAS
Preparatory action: Cinemas as Innovation Hubs for Local Communities (European Commision)
Lead partner: Neue Kammerspiele (Germany)
Partners: Public Institution Fortress of Culture Šibenik (Croatia), Public Art Lab (Germany), Amza Pellea Cinema (Rumania), Cinema Star (Greece), M2C (Germany), Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences (Netherlands) and KEA European Affairs (Belgium).
Project duration: 18 months
Project worth: 611.455,00 EUR (80% in the amount of 489.164,00 EUR is co-funded by European Commision)
Budget of PI Fortress of Culture Šibenik: 72.440,00 EUR
Project partners will work together through 4 cinemas, 3 cultural centers, 3 universities and 3 festivals to connect European audiences by developing quality programs and organizing cultural events and simultaneous cinema screenings that will provide a new experience of watching films and connect audience from different European regions.
They will develop a new forms of storytelling, initiate discussions on burning issues such as climate changes, social inclusion and migration from different perspectives, strengthen awareness of the diversity of European cultures, share knowledge about digital technologies and build new audiences.
The project will finance a salary of one employee of the Fortress of Culture in the amount of 50%, along with the film program of the House of Arts as a natural continuation of the film screening program of the Fortress of Culture.
St. Michael's Fortress visitors have a free and fast Internet access since July 2020. The equipment was set up thanks to the resources procured from the European Commission's WiFi4EU initiative, which provides high-quality and free Internet access for citizens and visitors via Wi-Fi access points in public areas such as parks, squares, administration offices, libraries, and such throughout the European Union.
More info at: https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/wifi4eu-free-wi-fi-europeans
From January 1 2020, Fortress of Culture Šibenik participates in the Šibenik - Zero Waste City project. Project leader is Youth association Youth in the EU, with City of Šibenik and the utility company Zeleni grad d.o.o. as partners. Through a series of volunteer activities, educational workshops and the procurement of solutions for the collection and reduction of plastic waste disposal in the environment, the goal is to raise awareness of Šibenik citizens, with a focus on young people about the importance of environmental protection.
In addition to these activities, during the project, citizens will be informed about the benefits of recycling household waste, which encourages the reuse of old products to produce new products. This saves resources while reducing air and environmental pollution.
Šibenik Zero Waste City is fully funded by The Coca-Cola Foundation and lasts until December 31th 2021.
Project title: Fortress ReInvented – Innovative approach and digital contents in historical fortification monuments
Programme: Interreg IPA Cross border cooperation HR-BA-ME 2014-2020 (1st Call for Proposals)
Lead partner: Šibenik City Museum (HRV)
Partners: Municipality of Klis (HRV), Municipality of Herceg Novi (MNE), Public Institution City Museum of Zenica (BIH)
Project start and end date: July 1st 2017 – December 31st 2019
Project duration: 30 months
Project worth: 1.310.232,40 EUR
Lead partner budget: 771.795,50 EUR (own funds: 115.769.33 EUR)
AIM OF THE PROJECT:
Contribute to increasement of sustainabilty and enhancment of tourist offer by using cultural heritage for touristic purposes via:
- development of digital contents on four partner fortresses (3D mapping in St. Michael's Fortress water tanks; Fortress Reality Window - live stream between all four fortresses; Info Point - promotion of fortresses in partner destination; interactive audio-guide)
- workshops on the use of innovative technology in heritage interpretation designed for workers in culture and tourism sector; passing on the knowledge and experience in cultural management
Project title: KREativna ŠIbenska Mreža Integriranog kulturnog Razvoja – KREŠIMIR
Project acronym: KREŠIMIR
Funding: European Social Fund
Operational Programme Efficient Human Resources 2014 - 2020
Project worth: 737.252,18 HRK; EU funding 626.664,35 HRK
User: Public Institution Fortress of Culture Šibenik
Level 1 Mediator: Ministry of Culture Republic of Croatia
Level 2 Mediator: National Fondation for Civil Society Development
Partners: Grad Šibenik, Šibenska udruga mladih Š.U.M, Udruga mladih „Mladi u Europskoj uniji“ i Feniks
Project start and end date: October 29th 2018 – October 29th 2019
Project duration: 12 months
Vera Jergović Bolanča
AIM OF THE PROJECT
- Developing good governance within the Šibenik city culture through strengthening the capacities of local cultural stakeholders for participatory management.
- Intensifying cooperation and networking between public and civil cultural sector by establishing a local creative network for integrated cultural development (KREŠIMIR network).
THE NETWORK WILL:
- gather and educate stakeholders in culture
- promote partnership between civil and public cultural sector
- enable inclusion of civil society organizations in the process of creating cultural policies in local community
- increase citizens access to culture and art programes
- employes/members of partner organizations
- employes of PI Fortress of Culture and City of Šibenik
- members of local civil organizations
- local cultural stakeholders
The main problems project resolves
- insufficiently developed cooperation between civil and public cultural sector in Šibenik
- underdeveloped capacities of stakeholders for participatory management.
Element: Development of cooperation and networking in the field of participatory management in culture
- Educating cultural stakeholders within the city of Šibenik
- Researching the needs of stakeholders in the city of Šibenik
- Designing Action Plan for development of participatory cultural management in city of Šibenik
- Study visit to Pogon - Zagreb Centre for Independent Culture and Youth
- KREŠIMIR network open doors day
- Creating network KREŠIMIR Practical Guide
- KREŠIMIR network web site design
- Development of promotional materials and tools
- Project promotion
Element: Project management