Project of revitalisation of St. John's Fortress area
- the major project ever in Šibenik funded by the EU funds
- 2016 January 29th - the project was submitted to the EU competition "Preparation and implementation of integrated development programs based on the restoration of cultural heritage"
- 2016 August 1st - a contract was signed which allowed the City of Šibenik to receive grants from the European Regional Development Fund
- renovation and equipment of two fortress' units, total area of 18,657 square meters - the northern part called "Pliers" and the southern part called the "Star"
- renovation of the ramparts, introducing innovative facilities, attractions and products
- design of programs based on gastro-visual concept, using 3D mapping technology
- buiding and managing of Educational Campus equipped with smart interactive classrooms, presentation spaces, quality accommodation and accompanying programs
- extension of tourist season in Šibenik
- improvement of tourist and cultural offer of Šibenik by fortress renovation and development of innovative contents tailored to different groups of visitors
- creating a network of local DMO's and DMC's with the aim of creating a high value added content and enhancing strategic management of cultural heritage
- creating a foundation for sustainable management of Šibenik's resources and tourist and cultural offer
- positioning Šibenik as a cultural and tourist attraction where tradition and modern technology are successfully blended
- revitalized St. John's Fortress should represent a place of promotion for (local) small and medium entrepreneurs (SME's). In this way, with the direct
- to increase number of tourist visits
- to increase number of employees will increase
With this project, the City of Šibenik continues to renew its fortification system (St. Michael's Fortress - Barone Fortress - St. John's Fortress - St. Nicholas Fortress), which is a significant element of local and national cultural heritage.